Using Bees To Effect Vengeance

I get to be as self-indulgent as I want without wasting anyone's time. Guilt-free solipsism -- excellent!

Looking for that particular entry? Search Using Bees....




This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com



Archives:


Email the Proprietor

Tuesday, August 06, 2002
 
If there's one thing the chess world needs, it's an infusion of irreverence. Why do I think that? I don't know, but it sounds reasonably plausible, non? Anyway, enter Pawnpusher -- a site with a section dedicated to the eradication of inaccurate chess metaphors ("croquet -- it's chess on grass"), a site featuring Chess Pride t-shirts, a site willing to expose Garry Kasparov's facial similarity to Pete Sampras and Vinny Testaverde.

I dedicate this post to Bud -- the student who, in deeply archetypal fashion, surpassed his teacher. Although I don't recall the archetype saying anything about surpassing within six months, but there you are.

|

Comments: Post a Comment