Using Bees To Effect Vengeance

I get to be as self-indulgent as I want without wasting anyone's time. Guilt-free solipsism -- excellent!

Looking for that particular entry? Search Using Bees....




This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com



Archives:


Email the Proprietor

Thursday, May 08, 2003
 
Anil posted about the recent infusion of Hindi music into hip-hop. I was watching MTV2 recently -- which I rarely do -- and there's a straight up Indian hip-hop song playing. With a cool video no less. It was Punjabi MC, and it incorporated the little Knight Rider riff that's been in use for a few years.

I was pleasantly surprised to see it -- it's a development I can't say I'd anticipated. Yeah, in England -- where the Indian/Pakistani/Bangladeshi population is more significant -- you have the likes of Asian Dub Foundation and Cornershop, but in the US, South Asian culture is much less noticeable. Then again, Missy's been using tablas for a while, so maybe she helped it along.

Anyway, an MP3 of The Time Increment is Beware Of The Boys -- Punjabi MC featuring Jay-Z.

|

Comments: Post a Comment