Using Bees To Effect Vengeance

I get to be as self-indulgent as I want without wasting anyone's time. Guilt-free solipsism -- excellent!

Looking for that particular entry? Search Using Bees....




This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com



Archives:


Email the Proprietor

Tuesday, March 26, 2002
 
Helms Reverses Opposition to Help on AIDS

"I know of no more heartbreaking tragedy in the world today," the senator wrote, "than the loss of so many young people to a virus that could be stopped if we simply provided more resources."

Mr. Helms has frequently denounced foreign aid as a "rathole" and has frequently voted against aid appropriation bills. He has attributed his change of opinion to Bono, the star of the rock group U2 who has pushed for more federal spending to fight AIDS, and the Rev. Franklin Graham, who heads an organization known as Samaritan's Purse and is deeply involved with Africa.


[Shakes head] Ten years ago when I had a defaced picture of Jesse Helms on the back of my school binder, I would not have predicted that the singer for U2 would convince him of the error of his ways.

Incidentally, Helms does not intend to help US AIDS sufferers, since their plight is purely a result of the "homosexual lifestyle". So I have no plans to canonize him yet. And even Bono will not be able to change my mind.

|

Comments: Post a Comment