Using Bees To Effect Vengeance

I get to be as self-indulgent as I want without wasting anyone's time. Guilt-free solipsism -- excellent!

Looking for that particular entry? Search Using Bees....




This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com



Archives:


Email the Proprietor

Monday, March 11, 2002
 
I love slang. Particularly British slang -- Cockney, Scottish, Irish...they're all enormously amusing, as far as I'm concerned. Someone posted this excellent compendium of Irish slang to Metafilter, and I creased myself laughing as I went through it. A lot of it I was familiar with thanks to Roddy Doyle books, but much of it was delightfully new to me. Naturally, most of it is extremely rude, so please don't have a butcher's at it if you're easily offended. Or even if you're not easily offended.
Just for good measure, here are a good London slang site and a Scottish slang page.

|

Comments: Post a Comment